Sunday, March 26, 2006

Jordy left for home this morning after an interesting evening. I'm sure one of them will fill in the details. Got home around 3am and got up for scuba diving at 7am. The water was cold enough for us not to want to be in there. Max depth today was about 23ft. Ambert's dive computer might say something else. Lots of parrot fish to be seen. Quite colorful. I'll have to make the transition from referring to sea creatures as "seafood" to maybe, underwater life. The last time I saw parrot fish was in the asian mart, on ice.

As a side note, I'm glad I started out learning English, so I don't have to now deal with why several fish are just that and not fishes. But at the same time I won't get really offended if I were to make that mistake and get looked at strangely. Why? They're curious at why asians need to wear sunglasses when so little light goes through those slanted eyes. Trust me, these slants are totally stock, not a custom job. Only the lasik was, and I'm sure the operation reminded some of Clockwork Orange. I didn't know my lids could open that wide.

But anyways in keeping with the "underwater naturalist" theme of diving, there was no touching of coral or sea life. Only a small episode of Rick James meets the ocean bottom. Quotes from 20 feet below:

F yo sand. (Sand was kicked in the process. No suede platform shoes were worn.)
I've been kicked out of better oceans than this.
You're cold as ice.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, join the legions of people who don't understand me most of the time. Or you can just watch Dave Chappelle's Show. Go for the gold and watch both seasons 1 and 2.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jordy said...

Awesome. I am now back home but still living vicariously through the blog. Have fun at Gabriel and Dresden tonight, boys. I'll see you on the flipside.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home